Thursday, January 24, 2008

Snow Day

The mountain
My "front porch"
View of campus from across the highway
The building in DeMoss Hall, where most of my classes are.

And the big dome building is the Vines Center,
our arena for basketball games and where we have chapel.
My RA Lindsi, sledding down the hill.
The sleds of choice were trays from the dining hall!

Yep, that's right, a snow day! Last Thursday, we got maybe 2 inches or so of snow and apparently Virginians aren't as used to the fluffy white stuff! For us students, it was a wonderful day of relaxing and playing in the snow. Needless to say, I was already awake, showered, dressed, and ready for class when I found out, but I promptly went back to bed. :) Me and my roommates enjoying getting to hang out together and we had lots of friends in our room to watch the show House. An overall great day!

2 comments:

Megan Hofacker said...

Oh that looks like a blast. One thing you'll notice too about Va. is the lack of sleds in the store. They really don't prepare for the stuff that's for sure. You even got a little more than we did. Well, at least you had a day off from school!

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun! Hope there were no injuries to speak of :).

Aunt Mary